Friday 21 September 2012

Segun Arinze… The black arrow from Badagry


segun_copy












































Segun Pandonu Aina, popular known as Segun Arinze orBlack Arrow, is one artiste who has carved niche for himself in Nigeria showbiz. Born in Onitsha, Anambra state, his early education was at Victory College of Commerce in Ilorin and Taba Commercial College, Kaduna. He had his dramatic arts training at the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife. His screen credits include The Silent Night, Church in CrisisDarkest Night, Battle of Love, Atlanta among others. He was also inthe popular TV soap operas such as Mega Fortune and Ripples.
First movie
Bushes Ante, a 1988 motion picture. After that came Eye of Life with Francis Oladele, also in 1988, which was not released. But Silent Night gave me the break that brought me to limelight
First album
Dreams, which was released in 1992 under the Premier Music label. Before then, I had done quite a number of jingles and soundtracks for commercials. After Dreams, there were a number of hits such as Nwanyi Ngaga and Waka Waka baby. I also co-wrote and performed the theme song for the Nigerian Music Awards (NMA) in 1991/92 as well as the Fame Music Awards of the same year.

First time on stage
That was in 1983, when I took part in Ola Rotimi’s Our Husband Has Gone Mad Again. The late Bassey Effiong of Anasa Playhouse directed it. Though, I was a bit scared, as I progressed on stage, it became fun and I enjoyed it.

First pay
Ohsssh… it wasn’t a cheque, but cash — N20 then (1983). It was a big money and you won’t believe it, I held the money for weeks like gold without spending it. The money was from NTA Ilorin. After that, I did other jobs, which I was paid same amount in five places.
First loved scent
I have a range of perfumes that I use and I mix them; so, you never know the one I use. It will be pretty difficult to pick a particular one as my first love. I use Givency Clay, Gucci, Tom Ford and Hermes.

First thing you consider while dressing up
I look at my mood, colour combination and comfort. I always wear what makes me feel very confident and comfortable when I’m talking to someone. So, comfort is one key thing that determines what I wear.
First time on board a plane
That was a long time, I can’t really remember, but it was in the early 80s and it was Nigeria Airways. It was a flight to Kaduna.
First choice food
I like spaghetti but amala and ewedu with gbegiri make me happier.
First girlfriend
Her name is Bimpe, but she is married now. I was in form four going to five.
First kiss
It was same time and with Bimpe. It happened when she said yes to my love proposal.
First colour
I love blue, red, black and white. Each colour has its uniqueness and sense of definition. Blue makes me the man, while red, black and white give me dignity, confidence and respect.
First thing that attracts and pisses you off in people
Intelligence. I love people with great intellect, and can’t connect with lousy people.
First fashion piece bought
A shirt and a tie.
First choice fashion piece
I’m known more with the T-shirt

First choice holiday spot
I love Obudu Cattle Ranch, and somewhere quiet in London or America. I’m a very quiet and private person.

No comments:

Post a Comment