Friday 23 November 2012

I’m making a big comeback – African China


African China













For a long time, Nigerian Dancehall act, African China, famous for his social-conscious song, went underground after he was hit by a series of allegations ranging from sexual assault to bankruptcy. Having seemingly awoken from his slumber, the 34-year-old singer, who started music in 1996, immediately after his secondary education, is making a comeback with the planned release of a sixth album.
“I have not quit music at all. I have been quiet because I have been busy working on a new album, which will be released early next year. Once a musician always a musician. That part of me cannot be killed or suppressed. I am not worried about the rumours that are peddled about me because I am coming out with a bang. I will be releasing a twin album and one will comprise all my greatest hits. I will be working with Flavour, 9ice, Terry G and many others on the album. I returned from my tour of China a few weeks back. I performed in three Chinese cities including Beijing and the response was phenomenal,” he explains.
A few months back, when pictures of an alleged N40m mansion which he was said to be building in Festac Town, Lagos hit the Internet, critics questioned the source of his wealth against the backdrop of reports that the father of two was financially bankrupt. The light-skinned singer who debunked the claims of being bankrupt, adding that he had completed the building contrary to reports.
“I recently moved into my new home, a mansion located in Festac, Lagos called Mini Villa and my wife recently had our second daughter. So, you can see that I have a lot of reasons and things to celebrate. I have a music production studio which has been constructed right inside my home.”
Refusing to divulge the worth of the property which comprises a set of duplex and a six bedroom flat, the singer, who currently runs a label, 45 Entertainment, says it is his personal business.
When asked the source of his assumed ‘wealth’, amid laughter, African China says, “Besides music I also run other businesses,  one of which is an indoor and outdoor sound equipment and management company. I also own a lounge where people can hangout and relax anytime. So I don’t think I owe anyone any explanation.”

No comments:

Post a Comment