Monday 24 September 2012

Baby Kelechi's father squanders money raised for his treatment





In June 2012, I put up a post here asking you guys to help a little baby called Kelechi, - the little angel with a hole in the heart and paralysis on his left hand. (See the story HERE). Kelechi needed about N4 million for quick surgery in India and a lot of you came to his aid.

We were able to raise some money for the little boy, but the people in charge of the cause just sent me really bad news. The money was raised through Kelechi's father's account and what I hear now is that the man squandered the money...all of it!. He has been arrested and currently at Ikoyi Prisons pending when he's able to post N500k bail. The Commissioner of Police signed the petition against him through the PPRO's office. He will be charged to court soon.

I know what y'all are thinking; how's baby Kelechi? He's still sick, he has not been treated...and this makes me so sad. How a father can do this to his own sick child is beyond me. Truly sad. Will keep you guys updated about this case...

No comments:

Post a Comment